We are currently a quarter of the way into an 11-month MEP services installation project at the new Swansea Arena. As we position some of the final items of the roof mounted AHU’s and mechanical plant, this £135M Copr Bay One Scheme is seeing quality progress as the project develops.
The extensive MEP scheme within the 3,500-seater Arena includes the provision of mechanical ventilation and air conditioning systems throughout.
CMB carried out the mechanical contract on this project which provided:
- LTHW, CHW and domestic water systems, including packaged plantroom solutions.
- HV & LV distribution, including transformers, life safety generator and UPS central battery systems.
- General lighting and associated control systems.
- Smoke extract and CO ventilation systems.
- Fire alarm, CCTV, access control and intruder alarm systems.
- Fully automatic building management system.
- Rainwater disposal and above ground drainage systems, as well as associated sanitaryware.
The building comprises of modern technology and architectural designs that will help give the Arena some character. An example of this are the LED bulbs in picture 2 which will be fitted into the outer structure of the Arena, visible to all who pass by. These LED lights will create images, videos, words and more to give an artistic feel to the music and theatre venue.
This magnificent building can’t be missed as you drive into the heart of Swansea and has stunning views overlooking the beach. With a Summer 2021 completion date in sight, the works are well underway at this flagship development in the Centre of Swansea.