Healthy & Safety Policy
Borley Engineering Services Ltd recognises its responsibilities under The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and so has in place both at the Group level and Company level effective systems and procedures to assist in compliance with statutory and policy requirements. The main framework for compliance is the Health and Safety Policy Statement, set out below. Borley Engineering Services Ltd, via it’s Companies CMB West Ltd, CMB Bristol Ltd, CMB Fylde Engineering Ltd, CMB Electrical Bristol Ltd, CMB Renewables Ltd and Fylde Maintenance Services Ltd, has put in place a management structure that will facilitate compliance with Borley Engineering Service Ltd.’s standards for Health and Safety and commitment to prevention of injury, ill-health and also continuous improvement.
- It is the policy of Borley Engineering Services Ltd that to comply with the requirements of the HASWA its operations shall be conducted in such a way as to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the Health, Safety and Welfare of all its employees. It is Borley Engineering Services Ltd.’s policy to ensure that any of its activities will not adversely affect the Health and Safety of others, including the general public, children, subcontractors etc.
- Borley Engineering Services Ltd requires that high standards of Health and Safety shall be achieved and constantly maintained at all its sites and offices. The Company will ensure that at no time will Health and Safety be compromised in order to achieve any other objective. The ethos for our company being Let’s get home safe!
- The Health and Safety Policy will be regularly reviewed, at least annually, and monitored in order to meet current legal requirements. All new legislation, codes of practice, changes other sources etc. will be considered as necessary to ensure it continues to reflect working practices.
- This policy and all revisions of it will be brought to the attention of all employees at all branches by the Group Health, Safety & Environmental Manager in compliance with Borley Engineering Services Ltd.’s policies and procedures.
- Borley Engineering Services Ltd will ensure compliance with the requirements of this policy by maintaining a thorough monitoring programme. If it is felt that any part of the policy is not effective steps will be taken to rectify the problem.
- All matters concerning Health and Safety will be implemented only after full consultation with employees. The employees have the right to nominate Safety Representatives under the Safety Representatives and Safety Committee Regulations and request the organisation of a safety committee. Borley Engineering Services Ltd also recognises that there is a requirement to consult with employees under provisions of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations and The Management of Health and at Work Regulations and will therefore encourage full employee participation Safety in all matters relating to Health and Safety. Borley Engineering Services Ltd.’s employees will be afforded every opportunity to discuss Health and Safety issues with a Management Representative of their individual Company, or with the visiting Safety Advisor should the employee choose to do so.
- Borley Engineering Services Ltd will ensure that all relevant Health and Safety training will be undertaken and that all the necessary information required to do a job safely will be forwarded to the appropriate parties. Sufficient resources are made available to meet all reasonable Health and Safety requirements.
- It is the function of Borley Engineering Services Ltd.’s Management to provide what is necessary in order to carry out work in a safe manner. No Health and Safety Policy however can function properly without the support and co-operations of all its employees. Borley Engineering Services Ltd therefore reminds its employees that they have a legal duty not only to work in a safe manner. but also, to co-operate in efforts to create Health and Safety working conditions.
- Independent Health and Safety Advisors are appointed to advise and assist Borley Engineering Services Ltd in implementing policies and procedures to meet its statutory obligations and the objectives set out in this Policy Statement.